Thursday, April 1, 2021

Puppy diaries 4 - Manifesting




Yesterday I had the most curious experience.  I took Rumi for a walk in the park.  He played but had to smell and pick up every piece of dirt in his mouth.  His personality is such that he is overconfident and constantly pushing boundaries.  I found myself losing my patience and literally dragged him back home with the force of my will, as he stubbornly refused to move.  I noticed how quickly I could be destabilized!  I decided to put him in his crate to sleep but he refused to stay and kept running out.  I put him on my lap and absent-mindedly removed his collar thinking if he was irritated less by it he would fall asleep.  I may have stuck it in the pocket of my denim jacket. 


A few hours later I went for a walk with that jacket on.  I have no recollection of what I did with that collar.  It could have even fallen out - just like my glasses had a couple of times the previous day.  Now, this collar has a coin with a microchip which can help whoever found him, if he was lost, track us, his owners, (sounds like some form of indentured being, but that’s for another blog!).   I don’t know if the reverse is true - ie us tracking him through the chip!  And thankfully, we did not have to find out! When I was away at my walk, my daughter decided to take him out and searched high and low for the collar.  Since she lets him run around without a lead in the park she was nervous without his collar.  When I returned she asked me about it.  I drew a complete blank.  We both searched the house high and low for it.  Every nook and cranny. Even the garbage and laundry basket were not spared.  I prayed that the universe would manifest it somehow. Where was I going to look for it?!  My daughter swore up and down that it must have fallen out of my pocket during my walk.  I kept denying but not too convincingly, because I could not be certain that did not happen.  We were saying that we would have to order another one online and it could take days to arrive!  I knew somehow that it would appear but did not know how!  

Then suddenly Rumi began running up and down the room at great speed - he does that when he gets excited about something.  I looked up and there he was with the collar in his mouth.  No clue where it had been or how he had found it at the precise moment we were speaking about ordering another one, having given up our search.  I love the mystical and transcendent.  Also the idea of collocation of consciousness which implies time and space are mental constructs and that material objects can manifest at will.  And that we can communicate non verbally to all creatures at subtle levels.  My daughter on the other hand firmly believes he had hidden it and brought it out of its hiding place.   Not possible, according to me, given how thorough our search had been. She is a rational being.  However, these days she tells me “I will let you have your little wins!”  I will keep them. Heck no - I will cherish them!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree..will tell you my story on losing n finding things sometime..I feel the universe helps you miraculously find things you really need to find