Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Shift in consciousness



“Don’t be too quick to interpret the moment. Just keep quiet. My encouragement would always be: never think anything is against you, everything is a blessing. Why should it be different? Just be quiet. Let it all work itself out.” Mooji

I have had a remarkable year experiencing a real shift in my consciousness.

I went to some dark places within myself to be present to all the “unpleasant” sensations brought on by fear, feelings of lack or sheer boredom. I started to notice that all my feelings of joy or sorrow, were associated with thoughts. These thoughts were triggered by memories of all things past and passing. The more I noticed the less I journeyed with those thoughts on a spiral of uncontrollable emotions. The more I did this, the less I identified to a limited sense of myself as Latha. I began to see myself and everyone around me as much more than a petty ego bound self. Everyone and everything began to appear as an expression of the same consciousness.

As I scrupulously noticed this, I became less self consciousness, less critical of myself and others and more accepting of everything as it is, marvelling at the synchronicity with which life flows and the harmonious manner in which everything around me unfolds.

The great paradox is that thought is our undoing and “doing”. So, that quiet space of “no thought” is present when there is a rigorous and disciplined awareness of the following thoughts. What are they?

“I am not my thoughts, emotions or feelings. I am not my memories, my past or future. My story of who I am is distorted and unreal. In a real sense, I exist only in the present moment as consciousness which expresses as a composite of bodily sensations or thoughts that arise and fall. So I will not desperately cling to my story, keep adding to it, get attached to it to validate my existence in my ego state. Because it takes great effort. How liberating for me to let go of that effort and just be present to everything that comes up, without reaction, but with an open mind and heart?”

So more of just that this year in this glorious inner journey which is the unraveling of old habit patterns, sense of self and identity, feelings of haunting guilt - to that place of stillness and peace.

https://awakenthegreatnesswithin.com/35-inspirational-mooji-quotes-on-success/

No comments: